Monday, August 16, 2010

How i found myself here....

hmmm so yea its true that i knew about blogs and bloggers for a long time...but i dont think i really got the motivation to start one myself! i do love writting and i used to have a diary long time ago as well..until that fateful day....wait for it.....the day my mom read it!! and then i decided that HELL NO! im not maintaining a diary again...EVER!

lol but its funny...i still liked to write...but blogs never really hit me..until a friend shared his blog with me....it was in tamil but i was very fascinated! it was like i was reading his diary..but only with his permission! this was awesome!! so then i thought...y not start one myself! maybe years later..i can show my kids what i was upto when their mom was still a 20 year-old girl who dreamed of a high life! it seemed almost perfect!

So i opened the blog sign up page home... and then it asks me to come up with a blog name! now that was the hardest part! i HATE coming up with names and titles coz im sooo bad at it! My hotmail, yahoo and gmail accounts all have lame names coz im bad at naming things! (God help my kids! lol)..

Anyways...i was staring at my screen blankly and then i just happen to look across my room at my clothes hanger and i saw something!!!! which made me realize how much i loved  'silk'.

Yea its tru..i love silk clothing...ranging from undergarments to shoes! i liked anything that was made of silk..or even coated with  silk cloth! so i came up with...'The girl in Silk'.....and for the record..the 'something' i saw was my silk, heart-patterned boxer shorts! so thanks to my heart-patterned boxers i got a new blog name! So now the next hurdle...the page now asks me to name the title of my blog!!! *Oh drag!!!!* i thought i just finished one...and now..yet ANOTHER one??!!!!

So i breathe deep (remember how i told you i was bad at naming! this was a big step for me!) i thought what i should name my blog...suddenly out of nowhere...high life popped in! whoaaa!! i knew it at that instance that It was the one!! now i was ready to start out....yayyyyy!!! so and thats the story of how i got here!! :)

So heres a girl who dreams of a high life and her wardrobe filled with beautiful silk things! till next time.....toodlez xo

3 comments:

  1. Hey sista ! Glad to see you finally here...
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe i see you finally started one :D

    you should have started a wordpress one, it's much better :)

    look forward to seeing more ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete